Blinds and shades come in all sizes, shapes, and colors, and these differences give you lots of options when buying new window treatments. Before you rush out to buy new blinds, shutters, or drapes, take a little time to ask yourself some questions to help you determine which window treatment is best for your home.
Evaluating What You Need When Buying Blinds and Shades
The following questions can help you determine the best type of shade, blind, shutter, or drape for your windows.
- Are you buying matching shades and blinds for your entire house or just for one or two rooms? If you are installing new window treatments house-wide, you may need to find a happy medium on privacy, light control, and design.
- Do you live in an apartment building or a single-family home? Apartment living often requires fewer shades with greater privacy levels.
- Is your house close to the street or set-back from the street? If your house is close to a busy street, window treatments with greater privacy, light control, and sound blockage may be the best choice.
- Are you concerned about being able to make the room as dark as possible, or do you prefer some filtered light? Some people can sleep well in a room with some light, while others need total darkness.
- How energy-efficient are the windows? Do they need a boost in preventing heat loss with a heavy shade, or is that an insignificant factor? The age and condition of your windows play a part in choosing the best window treatment.
- Do the windows give you a pleasing view, or do they look out on something you’d rather not see? If your windows afford you a stunning view, you may want a different type of window treatment than if your view is less attractive.
- How concerned are you about the view from outside into your home? If you live near other buildings or a busy street, the view from outside into your house may be a bigger concern. Turn on the lights and go outside at night to find out how much someone can see into your house when the shades are open.
For more help in choosing the best shades, blinds, and drapes for your home, talk to the experienced sales staff at Express Blinds in Victorville.